Saturday, August 20, 2022

A Class on Mughal Women's Dress.


I finally got to go to Pennsic for the first time this year, and was able to teach a class twice on what I'd learned in my Mughal women's clothing research. I'm continuing to develop the class and plan to evolve it over time, as research will hopefully reveal more.

But this is the culmination of about six years worth of research. I've scoured museums and the internet for any images of women during the time of the first three Mughal emperors - and have come up with about 50 examples. The ones I utilized in my class were all obtained with permissions or were in the public domain - others aren't as accessible, sadly. 

I'm sharing this link with you here, so you can check out the book. And when I say book, I mean 70+ pages that include these images and my look into each of them to determine what it was Mughal women wore.

Please feel free to download.


No comments:

Post a Comment